Forgot to food shop? No time to make a fancy meal? No problem!
You probably have everything you need for a healthy, delicious, quick dinner right in your pantry and beyond. OK… maybe not healthy and delicious, but probably edible and non life threatening. And if your family doesn’t like what you put on the table, tell ’em they can make their own darn dinner. Who are you, Emeril? Jeez.
10. Take everything in the pantry, throw it in a crockpot, and hope for the best
9. Combine toothpaste, mouthwash and garnish with breath mints for a super zesty pasta sauce!
8. Melt down every wedge of cheese in the cheese drawer and dip some cocktail olives in it for a special Fondue
7. Pour tomato sauce and shredded cheese on warm Doritos, tell your family it’s Cinco de Mayo, and yell Olé!
6. Pretend you are lost on a desert island and send family members out to scour for food in the backyard that you can eat
5. Got a fishtank? Sushi!
4. Cook a big vat of pasta and rice and tell everyone you signed them up for a 5K
3. Eggs + Peanut butter and Jelly = PB&J Frittatas.
2. Set a trap for the neighbor’s cat when he wanders into your backyard. Instant Kitty Chow Mein.
1. Order in pizza. Duh.
©2014, Beckerman. All rights reserved. No part of this post should be taken seriously, attempted, or actually consumed except #1.
Save 15% when you order “Lost in Suburbia: A Momoir. How I Got Pregnant. Lost Myself, and Got My Cool Back in the New Jersey Suburbs” and “Rebel without a Minivan” together on Amazon! To get your copies, CLICK HERE
To become a fan of Lost in Suburbia on Facebook, Visit me here
To follow me on Twitter, visit me here